Let’s talk about Sugar free.
But before we know about Sugar free lets know about what exactly sugars are? Every product which is consumable has sugar content, Ever Fruit and Vegetables which are raw consists of some amount of sugar. No matter what we eat we do consume sugar. A small fact: Our brain usually needs 400 calories of Glucose everyday.
What does sugar free mean?
Sugar free doesn’t mean you have to skip on Sugar. Sugar free means “One serving consisting of 0.5 gms of sugar”
Purpose of Sugar free sweets or commodities.
To maintain Sugar levels,
To decline risk factors of heart diseases,
To combat Obesity,
To whom it’s Beneficial?
Calorie Conscious people.
Types of Sweeteners.
- Saccharin– Saccharin is one of the oldest artificial sweeteners on the market. In fact it has been used to sweeten foods and drinks for more than 100 years.
- Aspartame– One of the most popular Sweeteners available in the market.It has
- Acesulfame-K– It is used to give food and drinks the sweet taste without adding calories.
- Neotame– It provides zero calories and has a clean, sweet, sugar like taste with no undesirable taste characteristics.
- Sucralose– Most companies use them in their sugar free products.
- Coconut Sugar– It’s extracted from Coconut as the name suggests. It contains Iron, Potassium, Zinc, Calcium. The glycemic index of coconut Sugar is just 35.
- Date Sugar– Extracted from Dried Dates. They are high Fibre, Rich in Vitamins. It helps with Digestion and increases bone density. The Glycemic Index of date Sugar is between 45-50.
- Honey– Honey as we all know. Honey is antibacterial, It has high Antioxidants, Good for heart, It helps to reduce body fat.
- Mishri– Mishri are rich in Calcium, Magnesium, Iron & dietary fibre. Mishri has antioxidants factors as well. Increases hemoglobin.
- Stevia– Stevia is a natural sweetener which has a glycemic index of 0.
- Jaggery– Jaggery is extracted from Sugarcane. It helps in boosting metabolism,detoxes the liver.
Where can it be used?
Sugar free products can be used and replaced to normal sugar.
It can be used in Breakfast, making Beverages, making Cakes and sweets as well.